Community:

Reimagining a Happier Valentine’s Day

I admit it: I am among the legions of people who don’t enjoy Valentine’s Day. I used to call radio stations and request J. Geil’s “Love Stinks.” I’d avoid any store that was inundated with red when I entered. When I wasn’t in a relationship, it was a reminder I didn’t want – and when I… Read More

Rona Gofstein

Guest Column – Lawrence Resurgent

In November 2011, the Lawrence Public School District was placed in state receivership, a status never before bestowed on any district in the commonwealth. The citywide unemployment rate was a stunning 14 percent. After a generation of disinvestment from Lawrence, Boston magazine cemented the city’s reputation for corruption and crime with a March 2012 article… Read More

Derek Mitchell

Eight Great Things to Do This Weekend – 2/9/17

ONE: Fans of horticulture should add the New Hampshire Orchid Society‘s 26th Annual Show & Sale to their weekend calendars. From exhibits and educational programs to vendors with jewelry, supplies and artwork, this is a weekend-long celebration of the beloved orchid family that shouldn’t be missed by anyone who fancies flowers. The show runs Friday… Read More

Joseph Girard-Meli

Concord Museum Announces Year-Long Celebration of Thoreau Bicentennial

“I am convinced, both by faith and by experience, that to maintain one’s self on this earth is not a hardship but a pastime, if we will live simply and wisely.”  – Henry David Thoreau, Walden One of the world’s most original writers and thinkers (1817-1862), Thoreau is best remembered for living in a 10… Read More

Digital Manager
1 82 83 84 85 86 122