Community:

According to Glenn – Game 7s

There’s nothing like hockey in May … except hockey in June.  Although it’s been three decades since all but one of my allegiances became everything Merrimack Valley, Massachusetts and New England, I still bleed a shade of blue that only exists for a hockey team that plays on Broadway (well, Seventh Avenue, actually). My disappointment… Read More

Glenn Prezzano

Matters of Life & Beth – The Value of Volunteering

“Doing something for nothing” is a phrase I once heard describing volunteering. I’d never thought much about it until I began volunteering myself, and then realized that “nothing” is actually very much something. By that I mean that the unquantifiable rewards that come from acting selflessly are rather significant. My first stop as a volunteer… Read More

Beth Daigle

The Grandmother of All Sandwiches

A Tour of the Merrimack Valley’s Roast Beef Sandwich Shops (Editor’s note: This article originally appeared in the May/June 2015 issue of Merrimack Valley Magazine. ) For Lisa Maria Koukos, food is love. When she met her future husband, Angelo, he was working at the drive-thru at Jillie’s Family Restaurant in Lowell. She learned that Angelo… Read More

Doug Sparks

According to Glenn – What Are Friends For?

“I see it’s more than one page now,” my childhood friend Adam said dryly via text message late one Friday afternoon in March, referring to my column in the last issue of mvm. “No, not normally,” I told him. “I went long, and we had the space available.” Then I told him the subject of… Read More

Glenn Prezzano
1 162 163 164 165