Community:

Behind the Lens

Merrimack Valley Magazine Photographer Kevin Harkins Photographer Kevin Harkins thinks the Merrimack Valley is well on its way to becoming a bastion of artistry. “As children, we grew up as mill town kids,” says Harkins, a Lowell native who now lives in Londonderry, N.H., as he reflects on the area’s past as a less than… Read More

Joseph Girard-Meli

Matters of Life & Beth – Beth & The City

I have never lived in a major city. While friends talk about their futures in Florida, I dream about city lights, city nights and the unmistakable energy that fills the urban air. I worked in Boston for many years and have always touted it as one of the nicest cities I’ve ever spent time in. It’s… Read More

Beth Daigle

Merrimack Valley Kids Remember 9/11

Editor’s Note: This piece originally appeared in the September 2011 issue of Merrimack Valley Magazine, and we feel it’s important to run each year on the anniversary of 9/11. Some of us were caught off-guard by the way American college students celebrated — went fist-pumping, shirts-off bananas, actually  — when Osama bin Laden was killed. The… Read More

Christine Lewis

Saddle Up! The Valley Bicycle Kick Is Set To Hit High Gear

A scenic coastal stretch through Newburyport that accomodated locomotives at the turn of the 19th century. A series of annexes in Lowell separating dwellings of campus academia.  A backlot terrace in Bradford that’s no longer immersed in trash and weeds, but rather layered with asphalt chips.  Today, these pathways, railways and conduits of yesteryear have been… Read More

Ted Bodenrader
1 110 111 112 113 114 130