Seven Benefits of Life Plan Communities for Seniors
Learn Why Residents Say, “I Should Have Done This Sooner!”
Many people mistakenly assume senior living is something they only need to consider when they require health care. But this outdated notion keeps them from exploring their options and discovering a lifestyle that could ultimately help them live longer, healthier lives.
The truth is, the best time to move to a Life Plan Community — also known as a continuing care retirement community or CCRC — is when you’re young and healthy enough to enjoy everything the community has to offer. So, let’s take a look at some of the top benefits of choosing a Life Plan Community and learn why so many people ultimately say, “I should have done this sooner.”
1. Enjoy a completely maintenance-free lifestyle. Leave behind the endless to-do lists and worries about home maintenance and enjoy more freedom and time to do the things you enjoy.
2. Make new friends and build your support network. At a Life Plan Community, you’ll never run out of things to do — or friends to do them with. Of course, your privacy is always respected and you’re in control of your schedule. Choose downtime whenever you like, knowing that a community of friends is always available right outside your door.
3. Focus on your health and whole-person wellness. Life Plan Communities offer amenities to help you remain healthy and active such as a fitness center, an aquatic center, and group exercise classes. On-site health clinics provide routine screenings and handle acute care needs. The best communities also promote
whole-person wellness through programs that encourage intellectual curiosity, spiritual and emotional well-being, and social engagement. For example, Melissa Kampersal, executive director at Edgewood Retirement Community in North Andover, Mass., notes that, “At Edgewood we have am extremely popular, resident-directed lifelong learning program that offers educational programs on a variety of topics chosen by residents.”
4. Structure your days any way you choose. Gone are the days of rigid schedules and residents having to fit into a mold. Instead, as the name implies, a Life Plan Community is about living your life according to your plan in a community designed to support your freedom.
5. Leave the cooking and clean-up to someone else. With a fully equipped kitchen in your residence, you’re always free to cook for yourself. But if you’d rather leave that chore to someone else, most Life Plan Communities offer choices that range from grab-and-go to casual restaurant-style and fine dining options. And Kampersal says Edgewood raises the bar by giving residents a
chef-prepared, farm-to-table dining experience.
“Our talented culinary team creates seasonal menus using the freshest locally grown ingredients available. The meals here rival the finest restaurants.”
6. Rest easy with intelligent design and 24/7 security. You’ll find features designed to make your home easy to live in and safer to navigate, as well as built-in security systems, 24/7 staffing, and personal alert systems that enable you to summon help if you need it.
7. Give yourself and your family priceless peace of mind. With a continuum of health care services on site, you can remain in the community as your needs change and your family won’t be faced with finding care in a crisis. Kampersal explains, “Edgewood residents have the assurance of unlimited, priority access to on-site health care services from assisted living and memory support to long-term skilled nursing. Plus, Edgewood offers LifeCare, which comes with financial advantages.”
One final thought: When choosing a senior living community, consider its ownership structure. Whether a community is not-for-profit or for-profit can have a big influence on how decisions are made and how resources are used. Kampersal adds, “Edgewood is a not-for-profit organization and, as such, we exist for the benefit of residents, not shareholders. It’s an important distinction.”
Why wait? Edgewood is the only Life Plan Community (CCRC) in the Merrimack Valley that also offers LifeCare. You’ll enjoy an exceptional lifestyle and the priceless peace of mind we all desire. To learn more, call (978) 725-3300 today.
Edgewood Retirement Community
575 Osgood St.
North Andover, MA 01845