HomeWork – Make Your Home Office a Place You Won’t Want to Leave
When an Andover husband and wife sought to transform their living room and master bedroom into personalized offices, they turned to Jill and Krista from Acorn Home & Design in Andover. The team from Acorn was brought in for their layered design approach: Color, texture and comfort are at the forefront of their individualized concepts.
For the wife’s office, she desired a beautiful backdrop. The designers also wanted to incorporate her Naguchi table and Barcelona chair. Acorn recognized the need for built-in shelving and storage. So, they designed an expansive bookcase to accommodate the homeowner’s library while offering hidden storage for printers and supplies. They called in Paul and John DiSalvo at PrideCraft Fine Cabinetry & Millwork in North Andover to construct the millwork.
The client wanted a bright atmosphere with a nod to her love of fashion. Acorn established neutrals and whites as the room’s foundation. This gave way to color splashes from the meticulous library, artwork and accents. The use of fine fabrics by Manuel Canovas on the window treatments and pillows enhanced the overall effect. Unexpected elements, such as an antique farm feeder, desk and rug, were layered in to add dimension and character.
The husband, a financial professional, wanted a masculine space with hints of a cigar lounge for his office. Working again with PrideCraft, Acorn designed an expansive bookcase, desk and fireplace surround to accommodate his library of first edition books and large, unique pieces such as sports memorabilia. Navy hues and camel-toned leather enrich this at-home sanctuary. Vintage finds including an end table, rug and light fixture speak to his style. Fabrics by Schumacher and Thibaut on the window treatments and pillows add a bold flourish.
Featured items in slideshow:
– Original Art by Holly Coble and Elizabeth Pogor, $200 to $900
– Gale Table Lamp, $178
– Pink Henry & Herbert Vases, $89 each
– Het Lo Marble Table, $285
– Clark Vase large, $85; Clark Vase small, $59;
– Anas Bowl large, $75
– Fuchsia Geometric Custom Pillow, inquire for pricing.
– Angelou White Vase Set, $175
– Athens Jar in Turquoise, $128
– Orange Garden Stool, $225
– Sarasota Chartreuse Vases, $74 each
– Wesley Hall Leicester Lumbar Pillow, $110
– Manuel Canovas Custom Window Treatments and Pillows, inquire for pricing.
– Sparta Mirror, $545
– Anas Bowl medium, $50
– Connor Decorative Bowl, $130
– Silver Fill Balls in antique farm feeder, various sizes and prices, $12 to $26
– Annecy Boxwood large, $160; Annecy Boxwood small, $80
– Amina Candleholders, set of three, $190
– Thibaut Sri Lanka Custom Pillows, $125 each
– Schumacher Houndstooth Custom Pillows, inquire for pricing.
Style Editor and set design: Lysa Pelletier – Anchor Artists – Boston, Mass.
Photography: Kevin Harkins – Lowell, Mass.
Design, furnishings and accessories: Acorn Home & Design – Andover, Mass.
Fine cabinetry and millwork: PrideCraft – North Andover, Mass.