The Nichols Village Lifestyle
A Positive Reputation — What’s It All About?
Word-of-mouth dynamics are an important factor in determining how shared information is passed from one person to another. The integrity of a shared message is influenced by how the information is interpreted by the sender and receiver. For instance, if the sender’s message is positive, then there’s a high probability the receiver will pass on this positivity. The more people who share this same positive message, the stronger the message becomes.
An example of this dynamic can be seen in a child’s game of telephone in which they take turns whispering a message to each other. The message is transferred from ear to ear until, eventually, the original changes into something very different.
Nichols Village, a nonprofit independent living community in Groveland, Mass., receives many word-of-mouth inquiries from throughout the Merrimack Valley, and, unlike the ones heard at the end of a game of telephone, the message is the same — one of positivity. Marketing Director Brenda Burkholder says, “a vast majority of our inquiries are from prospective residents who received a favorable recommendation from either a friend, family member, current resident or even those met at the grocery store or doctor’s office.”
Nichols Village recognizes that its reputation precedes itself. The positive word-of-mouth messages contribute significantly to the lives of the Nichols Village residents and the community’s continued sustainability.
As a unique, independent living community, Nichols Village commits to providing its residents with an unparalleled lifestyle next to none.
What contributes to Nichols Village’s favorable reputation?
- Independent-minded, active adults of at least 62 years-of-age live in a small community.
- Nichols Village is surrounded by 90 acres of woodlands and fields, outdoor walking trails and countryside views.
- The apartments and cottages offer one-level living with ample amounts of space, and provide an abundance of bright, natural lighting.
- Nichols Village provides maintenance-free living, both inside and out, including biweekly housekeeping and seasonal cleaning.
- The fully equipped kitchens come ready for use, including all appliances, washers and dryers. There’s generous storage featuring master bedroom walk-in closets, coat and linen closets, and extra storage units.
- Covered parking provides protection from all types of weather.
- The new fitness center offers a large cardio and strength training gym, an expansive aquatic center with indoor heated lap pool, accessibility ramp and spa, and a fitness studio for yoga, strength training, meditation and dance classes.
- The new Wellness Office Suite offers a wellness coordinator to plan health, fitness and wellness programs. There’s a foot care room for podiatry and pedicures, mind/body room for massage therapy and reiki and home care program to provide optional skilled nursing and supportive care services on an as-needed, fee-for-service basis.
- The new theater-style auditorium has a sound and lighting system, performance stage and dance floor.
- The new tavern and traditional restaurant-style dining room features a warm and friendly atmosphere with meal choices ranging from simple to gourmet.
- Social and cultural events and activities planned by the activity director include excursions to the music theater in Beverly, birdwatching on Plum Island, art presentations in the grand Cannon Hill Room with Peabody Essex Museum staff, and traditional Irish music in the theater-style auditorium.
- Complimentary van transportation is available for weekly trips to the grocery store, bank and pharmacy.
- Resident-run projects and activities include the community gardens, the workshop, knitting group, science club, community games and resident council.
Want to learn more? Find out about their new apartment availability and discover the Nichols Village lifestyle by calling Brenda Burkholder at (978) 372-3930 or visit Nichols-Village.com.